Wicken Parish Council
The Parish Council has an overall responsibility for the well-being of the parish.
The work falls into three main categories:
- representing the local community
- delivering services to meet local needs
- striving to improve quality of life in the parish
Your Parish Councillors
- Philip Ivens (Chairman)
- Alan Cartwright (Vice-Chairman)
- Richard Forman
- Celina Francklin
- Marcus Rixon
- Andrew Edmondson
- Ian Howett
Councillors have three main areas of work:
- Decision-making: through attending meetings, councillors decide which activities to support, where money should be spent, what services should be delivered and what policies should be implemented
- Monitoring: councillors make sure that their decisions lead to efficient and effective services by keeping an eye on how well things are working
- Getting involved locally: as local representatives, councillors have responsibilities towards their constituents and local organisations. This often depends on what the councillor wants to achieve and how much time is available.
Contact the Parish Council
If you would like to contact the Parish Council please email Valda Clapham, Clerk to the Wicken Parish Council.